Super Time in Seattle

Over Memorial Day weekend, I went with my mom to Seattle, Washington to visit my mom’s college roommate and her two kids, Elliott and Kate.

This is the Space Needle. I like this picture because you can see the leaves from a tree going up on an angle.
Jug-band playing in front
of the original Starbucks. 

On our first day, we went to Pike’s Place Market where we saw the famous fish throwing shop. We also saw a jug band playing outside of the original Starbucks! Afterwards, we went to the Space Needle and had lots of fun going up an elevator with huge windows. At the top, you’re able to see the whole downtown. I really liked going up the Space Needle


I am sitting in a fort made of driftwood.
 Seattle is known for its beautiful scenery. We went on two, 3-4 hour hikes. Our first hike was shorter and on a cliff above the Puget Sound. After we climbed and hiked the cliff, we went to the beach while there was a low tide and got to step out where there usually is lots of water. We saw crabs, shrimp, and many more types of birds and sea animals. We ate a snack on a big piece of driftwood at the beach.

Warning!
 The second hike was a lot longer and almost straight uphill. It was called Rattlesnake Ledge. This one was longer, and the view at the top was above the cloud line.

We did get to see some chipmunks up there. At the bottom of the hike, the lake was at high tide, so Elliott and I just rock-hopped across the big rocks in the water. I fell in and dumped my foot in the water to prevent myself from falling in. It was fun, but a little

scary that I almost fell in the water.

Rock hopping 
 After our awesome but tiring hike, we got to take a boat ride on the various lakes around Seattle. That was amazing! At some points we were going so fast that it seemed like we were on one of those movie boats that are powered by a million jets. We got to see “house boats”, some with water slides, Bill Gates House, and I even got to steer the boat for a little while! We then parked the boat and went to eat dinner at a Mexican restaurant.




This is me with the Fremont Troll.
On the last day, we ate breakfast at a really good pancake house called Portage Bay Cafe. I got really delicious French toast. We headed to the Fremont Troll located on Troll Avenue under the Fremont Bridge, and climbed up behind his head. After going to see the troll, we went to Top Pot Donuts. The doughnuts were really thick and tasty. We also rode the monorail and went to the music fair at the Seattle Center.

 When we went to the house, we packed up all our stuff from the hotel-like basement. There was a huge fluffy bed with squishy and deep pillows. I would miss sleeping in the cloud bed. Hopefully someday we can go back to Seattle and have this much fun again!

This is the Washington flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment